Develops the diagnosis of urological pathologies at the Serrate & Ribal Institute of Urology.
Currently an attending physician of Urology at the Hospital de Mollet in Barcelona.
Graduated in Medicine from the Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest in 2004. Specialised in Urology in 2007 via a Resident Medical Internship in the Urology department of the Clinical and Provincial Hospital of Barcelona.
Became a Fellow of the European Board of Urology in June 2012.
Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA). University of Barcelona. 2007–2009.
He has conducted various genetic and epidemiological research studies on prostate cancer, as well as the analysis of urinary lithiasis with dual energy CT.
Participation in national and European congresses.
Winner of various awards, including:
- Winner of the Rising Stars in Urology Award – Granada 2011
- Winner of the best poster award at the European Association of Urology Annual Congress in 2011, 2012 and 2013
Published in various urological journals, most notably:
- Ciudin A, Diaconu MG, Gosalbez D, Peri L, Garcia-Cruz E, Franco A, Alcaraz A. Air cystoscopy is superior to water cystoscopy for the diagnosis of patients with active haematuria – Journal of Urology. June 2013.
- Ciudin A, Luque MP, Salvador R, Diaconu MG, Franco A, Constantin V, Alvarez-Vijande R, Nicolau C, Alcaraz A. The abdominal CT – a new tool for predicting recurrent Stone disease. – J Endourol. 13 May 2013.
- Ciudin A, Musquera M, Huguet J, Peri L, Alvarez-Vijande JR, Ribal MJ, Alcaraz A. Transposition of iliac vessels in implantation of right living donor kidneys. – Transplant Proc. 2012 Dec;44(10):2945-8.